In Agility you can create briefings containing your monitoring results, which can be emailed to you, your colleagues and your clients.
You can manually create a briefing with saved coverage, allowing you to produce a collection of the exact mentions you have identified as important to you.
You can also create an automatic briefing, which will deliver all results generated by your selected topic on a recurring basis, so that every day you and your colleagues are alerted to your coverage by email without you having to do anything.
To find out how to create an automated briefing, click here:
How to create an Automated Briefing
To create a briefing of your saved clips firstly ensure that you have set up a topic and saved your mentions in a folder or with a tag applied. Once you have saved your mentions please follow the steps below to create a briefing.
Click on New Briefing. You will get the following pop up, asking you to select a template. There are 3 standard templates to choose from. You can also select a saved template (once you have one saved) or copy a past briefing.
Using Quick Create option
You can use ‘Quick Create’ which enables you to specify the sources, date range and section/mention organization for your briefing quickly.
Adding content to your Briefing without using Quick Create
After selecting 'Create Briefing', start by giving your briefing a name on the top right.
2. Select to add saved coverage:
3. From a Folder, a Tag, a Tag Group or from All saved coverage, select the mentions you wish to add to your brief, click ADD then Close. We cover adding your mentions to a section below.
4. Mentions have now been added to the brief. Don't forget to save as draft at this stage.
5. You can choose to add or edit any of the following sections to your briefing:
This screenshot above shows an image, date, text and title, in that order. To re-order the sections, click on the arrows on the right hand-side as shown in the next section.
4. We can manage images by adding alt-text, links and captions, as well as by resizing them and positioning them as we want:
Creating sections and rules to organize your mentions
1. If you wish to create your own section headers and manually order the clips you can do so by clicking on the arrow icon on the right and click Add section.
2. Give your new section a Name and hit OK
3. You can now move selected clips from the default section in to your created section. Select your clips from the default section > Move to your created section.
These sections can be dragged and dropped to reorganize them.
4. Then click on the 3 horizontal lines on the right to return to your brief and you will see that he new section has been added.
5. Rather than manually add content to your various sections, you can also apply rules to each one, based on the various content filters available in Agility. Simply click the filter option and select from the available options.
In this example, I want to automatically organize my sections by media type:
Do not forget to click re-organize mentions to apply your rules and settings.
As you can, you would simply:
Enter a briefing name
Add coverage from a folder, topic, tag or tag group
Pick a date range you wish to report on
Select how you wish to see mentions organized
Then select how you wish to see them sorted
Finally, click 'create briefing' and you'll be taken to your templated, nearly complete briefing! See below to learn how to change mention display settings and deliver the briefing.
Mention Display Settings
Go to the section settings area on the right-side panel (wrench icon), and scroll down to the mention styles settings to choose what information you would like shown against each mention. Here, you can also customize the look of your briefing, making changes to fonts, point size, color, etc.
You can elect to include a snippet of the article to accompany the clickable headline, and accompany that with a selection of Metadata. Your briefings can also highlight the keywords that generate your media coverage mentions. So, when you and your colleagues receive your daily email briefings, you will instantly be guided to the mention of your company, representative, product etc.
Optionally, you can select the "Notes" box to display any notes you have added to individual mentions ahead of time, and further customize how these are displayed.
Once you have saved a briefing, you will see the option to save as template at the bottom of the screen. You will then get the option to use it next time.
Saved templates retain all the settings that you apply – sections, layout, custom style, filters, metadata etc.
Saved coverage sections are saved but the mentions themselves are not kept. Automatic coverage sections do retain the topics applied to them, which can be swapped if required in the new briefing.
Prior to delivering your briefing, you can see a preview, either within your browser or via email. To view a preview, simply click the "Preview" button and follow the prompts. Please note you must first save the briefing as a draft to see the option for a preview!
1. Complete the Delivery options for your brief.
2. Specify your scheduling
3. Click on send
To set up an RSS Feed as a delivery option read this article.
Need further help? Chat with us or email us at email@example.com.