Agility’s import tool makes it easy to work with lists created outside of the platform, whether you have been maintaining them yourself outside the system or you are moving them from a different service.
Preparing the Excel data file
The Excel file MUST contain the three mandatory columns of First name, Last name and Email address in order for the import to process successfully. Other columns can also be included (e.g. Telephone no., Outlet name, Twitter handle etc.) but are not mandatory.
NOTE: If you do not have the first name and last name, then you can put in dummy data under these field I.e. First name 1, First name 2, Last name 1, Last name 2 etc.
2. Save the excel spreadsheet as a .csv (comma delimited) file.
The import process
Step 1. Go to Discover > Private Contacts > Actions > Import contacts
Step 2. Browse your computer for your CSV file > You can select up to 20 individual files to import and choose to either import them as 1 list or as individual lists.
Step 3. Use the drop-down menus to map the system columns to the columns on the CSV file. I.e First name = C.First Name, Last name = C.Last Name. Email = C.Email (primary).
NOTE: Use the fields starting with C. (Contact information) to map the fields related to contact info and use the fields starting with O. (Outlet Information) to map any Outlet related columns.
Please also ensure that when mapping the contact email column, that you map it with the system field C.Email (Primary).
NOTE: If you are importing more than 1 list and you wish to map the columns in the exact same way for all lists, click on Apply columns to all files.
Step 4. Enter an email address to receive an email notifying you of the status of the import > Click on Finish Import.
NOTE: Imports can take some time depending on how many lists are being processed at once. Agility will allow the user to continue working while lists are being imported behind the scenes.
You can also add an email address, telephone number, or other contact information to an existing Agility contact and keep that information private to your account.
1. First, go to your contact's Agility profile page. You can either click on their name from a previously created search or target list, or find them using the quick search bar.
2. From the contact profile page, click on "Actions" then "Update this contact".
3. The Update Contact window let's you update or add a variety of relevant contact details to the media contact. In this case, we'll add a private email address for this person. In the section under Email, click on "add another email".
You can now type in the new email address for this contact.
4. By clicking on the eye icon, you can keep that detail private and available only to your Agility account. The slash over the eye icon means that email address will not be visible to other Agility clients. This applies as well to the other fields that have the eye icon.
5. If you decide to use this new private email address for your distributions, click on the radio button under Primary so Agility will use this address over the previous default email.
Once you're done with your updates, scroll to the bottom of the window and click on "Send to Media Research".
A confirmation window will then be displayed so you can verify your changes.
Back at the contact's profile page, you can now see the new email address you just added. It will have the slashed eye icon to indicate it is private to your account and the label "Distribution" which means it will be the one used when the contact is included in your distributions.